This week has be
On Sunday I went dress and swimsuit shopping, as I mentioned in the last post, which really put me in a good mood. It even caused me to venture outside of my comfort zone later in the night. My friends occasionally go to clubs along the shore where all of the heavy hitters go. By heavy hitters, I mean those that tan often, wear the latest trends, best hair styles, and have toned bodies. The idea of that alone usually makes me turn down any opportunity to go to the shore.
RANT: Guys and Weight Loss
I understand the obsession to look hot, as I have this obsession too, but those people that go around talking about it are sick self gratification seekers. WhenDespite my intimidation, I decided to drive an hour down the shore to join my friends and was able to just live completely in the moment. It's been a while since I felt that way. My happiness high from that night is still going forward although at a decreasing rate. I didn't feel judged like I do when I hang out on the Island, where everyone knows everyone. Maybe for me the shore is a mini vacation from reality, I just have to make sure I don't become a regular.I was a size 5 I never sought attention, but appreciated the compliments when I got them. I didn't talk about weight loss, but if I had, at least it would have been slightly acceptable because that's a "girl thing" to do. When a guy obnoxiously flexes his muscles and discusses a protein shake or loses weight and discusses how much he weighs, it makes me sick. Too many people go around with that "look at me" attitude. Guys aren't supposed to be obsessed with losing weight and demanding attention. Whenever I hear a guy mention the word weight, I lose interest in him immediately. It's one thing if you are 20+lbs over weight. Even then I would rather the guy act like a teddy bear and lose the weight without a discussion.
The guys that really aggravate me are the ones who have nothing to lose. Themore guys I talk to, the more I notice their sick obsession with self image. It's disgusting. Just like a guy doesn't want to hear about a girls period, that is the way I feel about guys talking about weight. Shut up or get lost! I never talk about weight even with my girl friends because I think weight conversations are selfish as in they are all about self. Guys who only want "self" conversations aren't datable.
End of discussion.
Conveniently after posting this rant, the episode of Family Guy where Peter becomes obsessed with his looks came on TV.
4th of July Bodies:
Jessica Simpson sporting an American Flag Bikini
I used to be jealous of hot celebrity bodies, but I've decided to appreciate them because they were sculpted to look that way by dedicated individuals. I too would like to be a dedicated individual and will therefore use images of bodies that I admire to work toward my goal. When I want something unhealthy, I'll replace the image with a celebrity body that I wish to have and hopefully that will curb my hunger.
Anyone can be skinny at any age, you just need dedication and self control.
No comments:
Post a Comment